Jason Pirro USMC

This site is to seek justice for his death and to celebrate his life.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Jason Pirro's Mom's Statement

Here is a statement from Jason Pirro's Mom.

08/26/06

I am Vicki Van Horn, the mother of PFC Jason Pirro. On May 11, 2006 I received a package in the mail, (I call this my Mother's Day package) from The Department of the Navy, NCIS in Washington Navy Yard, D.C. Inside the package were documents and photos of my son's dead body at the death scene. I surely wouldn't want another parent to see what I saw in these photos. Those photos and the autopsy photos that I have, don't add up to what they say happened. It was a shocking Mother's Day gift. They didn't even tell me that the package was coming. They don't care about what happens to our sons or daughters while they're in the service. They only care about what is being said to make them look good and when things go wrong, they won't admit that they have a problem there at Camp Geiger. They'll make my son look bad before they admit anything. Military life isn't for everyone and unfortunately our children don't realize this until they're in.

I have been in touch with my State Rep. and Congressman Kanjorski from the beginning. They have been extremely helpful every step of the way. I have sent certified letters to let the officials know that I need help. This is a Homicide made to look like a suicide. The photos that I have show it. I can't divulge the specifics at this time. The media needs to look into all of these deaths at Camp Geiger, North Carolina. All these deaths are not Suicides as they claim.

I'm not a mother in denial. I know my son. He loved life and when I last spoke to him, he asked about my car and his last words to me were: "Mom, even if I have to work 2 jobs, it beats being here in this hellhole"! His wife agrees with me that he was murdered. She is with me all of the way. She'll take care of the girls, since they are young and I'll do the fighting and speaking up to clear his name and find whoever did this to him. This young man did not need to die the way that he did. The truth will come out. He died July 15, 2004. It's been 2 years and no one even told us when the case was closed. There was a tremendous lack of communication and alot of inconsideration from the Marine Corps to his wife and I. They tried to brush me off and they didn't want to listen to what I had to say. He didn't do this. One day the TRUTH will come out, my son will be standing tall and the people of interest will come face to face with me. Accountability is key.

Jason and I had and will always have a special bond. We were always close to one another and no one can ever take that away from me. He knows from above in Heaven that I know this was done to him and I will get justice for him! He loved his family dearly. He missed us as much as we missed him and he couldn't wait to be home with his family. Military life wasn't for him. The abuse needs to stop and they have to listen that there is a problem at our own miltary bases here. If there is anyone out there that can help us get justice for Jason, it would be greatly appreciated. The military command would rather cover this up instead of admitting that there is a problem there and punish those that are guilty.

Jason did not take his own life like the article mentioned on August 4, 2004, which I did not know it was written. My sister found it and told me about it in The Jacksonville Daily News. No one from the paper ever spoke to his wife or myself. I'm not giving up and I won't back down. One day soon, I'll get justice, clear my son's name and have his death certificate changed. We should all get together, because all of these young people are not taking their own lives.

Thank you for listening. If you or someone you know can help us, if they know anything, please contact us at the emails on the home page of this site. I'll ruffle the nest as long as it takes to get someone to listen and to get justice. Congress, the Senate and the President of the United States, needs to correct the problems here. They need to start addressing the abuse, the hazings, the deaths and the cover-ups on our military bases. My son's death has been covered up, but I need help to uncover it. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,
Vicki (Pirro) Van Horn


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home